If a public body wishes to carry out its own recruitment, applications can be made to the Commission for a recruitment licence. Applications can only be made by a public body which falls within the remit of the Public Service Management (Recruitment and Appointments) Act, 2004.

If you want to check if a public body falls within the remit of the Act, you can do so here.

In order to fill out this form you will need:

  • Details of the public body's current recruitment processes and procedures
  • Details of the type and level of recruitment it will carry out under licence
  • Details of how the public body will comply with the Codes of Practice
Get started